Well I succumbed to the $3.99 a yard Uptown Raw Silk from Fabric.com and placed my first order of fabric from across the world :)
I have no idea how to sew with Raw Silk, but at that price I am willing to give it a try.
My thoughts, now that I have received my lovely box of goodies are this:
1. 100% polyester Ponte knit - hmmm, what was I thinking - it feels and looks dreadful. It was meant for a pair of Style Arc Elle Pants, not so sure now, I think I will make my test pair out of it - really hardly stretches at all, so might be a problem.
2. Shipping time - not so bad, although it did take them 7 days to post the parcel as one of the lovely silks was out of stock - shame as it was the one I really wanted.
3. I ordered some Bemberg Lining that I have heard so much about, and I think I know why - it looks and feels beautiful, cant wait to try it.
4. The postage for 5 pieces was $25US to Australia.
5. Overall, I am happy, but I think I am more of a touchy feely person, and its not the same as wandering around Pitt Trading at Ramsgate, oohing and aahing over everything :)