Friday, March 23, 2012

Elle Pants - Style Arc

 

I ended up buying some better Ponte from Spotlight to make this pair of Elle Pant from Style Arc. I am very happy with the pattern, they are very comfortable to wear, dont pull down in the back when you sit, and were very easy to make.

So now I have two pairs, and actually have a third cut out. I am still learning at this online shopping thing, because I bought some lovely Vera Wang Black Stretch fabric to make the Jasmine pants, but I didnt realise how narrow it was and didnt order enough :( but there is enough for another pair of Elle Pants, so thats OK.
I wore them to work the other day and they were so comfy, I wore them with lower heels and I think they look better with the bit of "scrunching" up at the ankle.

Construction of these is very easy, as they are only an elastic waist pair of pants. I hemmed with the Coverstitch machine.

As per pattern they are a lot wider than these, I have run these in quite a bit, and I guess I have made them more like leggings than the pattern intended.

It will be interesting to see how the Stretch Woven pair turns out as opposed to this knit.

My only tip when making the waistband....the instructions tell you to run a line of stitching close to the elastic to keep it in place when you are attaching the waistband, I will now do this in a contrasting colour thread and on a basting stitch, as my line of stitching was visible and I had to unpick black on black which is never fun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: